Tuesday, July 28, 2015
I love to do a photo shoot with the grandkids each year. We've done the usual pictures using props like books and apples. This year we are going to use these cute signs that you can find over at the Remodelaholic blog. There is one for Pre-school all the way to grade 12. Best part-they are FREE!
I can't believe the summer is going by so fast! School supplies are out and we are planning back to school pics. Whew! Time sure flies faster the older I get! How about you?
Sunday, July 26, 2015
The following quizzes, and the subsequent paragraph, are attributed to the late Charles Schulz, creator of the comic strip, Peanuts. I'm passing along his thoughts because I think it's important that we realize what is really important in life.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade's World Series winners.
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name half a dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you.
"The applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners. The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones who cared." - Charles Schulz
Who will remember you? What will they remember you for?
Wednesday, July 15, 2015
Friday, July 3, 2015
The grandkids with the flag.
We celebrate our independence from England every July Fourth. It is a great privilege to be liberated and to have freedom. We can carry that independence a little further in our lives.
How about being independent and taking some time for yourself? A quiet walk, a glass of wine, a relaxing bath, going to a movie...
Or how about liberating ourselves from all of the "stuff" we own. Sometimes that stuff can take over our lives. Think about simplifying and getting rid of the "stuff" you don't really need. I've read of people who aren't buying anything new for a year. (what willpower!) I've also read that it's a good idea to give away something everyday. (no matter how small) How liberating it would be for me to have some unused and uncluttered space in the house!
How about having fun with your "independent" girlfriends? Get together and celebrate the ability to have fun wherever and however you want. Maybe a special lunch, a shopping date or a spa trip.
I wish you a safe and happy Fourth of July. Remember in your celebrating that many brave people sacrificed so that we could be free to enjoy this day with friends and family!
Thursday, July 2, 2015
With the Fourth of July coming up, this is my thought for the day. I came across this poem and thought I would pass it along to you...
If there is righteousness in the heart
If there is righteousness in the heart, there will be beauty in the character.
If there is beauty in the character, there will be harmony in the home.
If there is harmony in the home, there will be order in the nation.
If there is order in the nation, there will be peace in the world.
So let it be.