Are you one of the lucky ones that gets to travel someplace warm this winter? Then these tips are for you!
Pack-smart Beach Essentials for Stylish Chicks from an article by Kathryn D'Imperio
Dashing off to the beach for vacation or a weekend getaway? Not so fast! Be sure you’ve packed all the essential items you’ll need to stay stylish and chic during your time in the sun! To maximize your fun, minimize the number of beauty accessories you lug along to you vacation location with these helpful packing hints.
* No matter how badly you want a tan, bring suntan lotion to protect your precious skin from overexposure! Though they are possibly the most obvious item, don’t forget your sunglasses!
* Just in case you do get some sunburn, do your body a favor and slap on some aloe.
- Have you ever been caught in a sand storm? Well I have, and I can’t stress enough about the value of a bottle of eye drops in case those pesky particles of sand find their way into your eyes.
- Don’t forget your normal necessities such as toothpaste and toothbrush, deodorant or antiperspirant, towels, shaving gel and razors, tweezers, body wash, etc.
- Remember to pack your shampoo and conditioner, brush and comb, elastic bands and/or barrettes.
* When you spend time in the ocean or playing on the beach, what happens to the top of your head is likely the last thing on your mind. To help prevent sunburn on your scalp, consider packing a hat of some sort, a bandana or a hair scarf.
- For a flirty appearance, bring a cute sarong or wrap to wear to the beach, or simply pack a pair of comfy shorts if you hope to beat up on the guys in football and Frisbee!
- Take two towels: one to lie on and one that is sand-free for when you need to dry off. A beach blanket or beach mat also serve a handy purpose for shore-goers.
- An old T-shirt doubles as an escape from the sun’s powerful rays when you just want to relax and enjoy the sounds of the surf. Also, a T-shirt is good to have on hand as it is important to cover exposed skin when the sun has already burned it.
- Normal clothes that you should be sure to bring: Shorts and tanks/tees, jeans or other long pants, perhaps a long-sleeve shirt and a hooded sweatshirt, a sundress, pajamas, bathing suit and underclothes. Don’t forget to bring a windbreaker or light jacket for those chilly nights off the coast!
- Footwear: Bring sandals or flip-flops, sneakers and shoes to go with at least one nice outfit. (Hint: Try to pack outfits that look nice with the same sandals to reduce the need for extra shoes. As long as you can help it, you should not be toting an entire bag dedicated to shoes alone!)
Have fun, be safe!