Saturday, May 7, 2011

Times You Still Need Your Mother

My mother.

Once a mother, always a mother. I used to be a little irked when my mom would offer parenting advice. But then I got to thinking about all the times I really needed her and how lucky I am that she is still around to help me out.


Like when...


1. I became engaged. I needed her to be happy for me and help me plan a wedding.


2. I found out I was pregnant again. I had just had a baby only 3 months ago. Being the mother of 10 she led by example that every child was precious no matter when they came.


3. I needed to know if pink eye was cause to make an Emergency Run.


4. We needed someone to babysit...and babysit and babysit. She never said no.


5. I tried to bake my first batch of "butterhorns" (an old family recipe)and needed to know how to buy yeast.


6. I started menopause and wanted to know what hers was like so I had an idea what to expect.


7. I needed her prayers for a family crisis.


These are just a few of the times my mother has been there for me. Thank you mom, and I'm so happy to be able to share Mother's Day with you tomorrow!


How about your mom? Do you have a time you needed her that you could share with us?


post signature
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *