Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Fifty and Fabulous

I had the pleasure of listening to a well-known photographer talk about photographing different demographic groups. It was interesting how she used different posing, lighting and marketing for each group. What I found especially noteworthy was that she said that no one markets to the women over 50 group.

She asked the audience if they could think of any major marketing campaign for us "mature" women. As with the audience, I couldn't think of any. Every once in awhile, I have seen in MORE magazine articles that will list things to wear, or products to try for women in their 20's, 30's,40's,50's and 60's. (I haven't ever seen anything past the 60's. Don't women in their 70's and above want to look good or are able to look good too?)But really no one has a specific marketing campaign for us.

So that got me thinking about my own company. We have baby products, aromatherapy products and general products for men and women.I haven't done any marketing for my own age group even though we have wonderful skin care products for mature skin.(Gathered From The Garden's Facial Serum is just heavenly on mature skin!) I'm going to have to give that some serious thought as to how I can reach the women over 50 group.

How do you feel about this issue? Have you seen any marketing specifically for the over 50 group? Have your mothers or grandmothers ever voiced an opinion on this?

  post signature
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *