Thursday, October 4, 2012

48 Acts of Kindness in 48 Hours

On one of the blogs I follow (Simply Celebrate) I read about a fantastic idea. The author of the blog, Sherry, celebrated her birthday yesterday. To help mark this special occasion of turning 48 she decided to do 48 kind things for others in 48 hours. Here's what she had to say...

"It's my 48th birthday and I just returned from a retreat at a Buddhist monastery in the Sierra foothills of California. During the retreat, my teacher, Cheri Huber, used the expression "unrelenting kindness." I've been turning the expression over in my mind. And holding it in my bones. So it isn't surprising that when I got home and began to think about what I wanted for my birthday, the expression, "unrelenting kindness" dropped in. Last night, I found myself making a numbered list from one to 48. I decided that I would find 48 people to offer kindness to..."

She then invited her readers to send her the name of anyone we knew who could use some uplifting. I had someone in mind right away. I gave her the email address of that person. Sherry responded with a couple of suggestions/questions and said my friend was #42 on her list!

I think what goes around, comes around. I believe that Sherry is going to get an abundance of kindness in her life too. I am also inspired to follow her example. Although in my case, the number of people on my list would be higher! No worries. I can handle that. What do you think of this idea?

post signature
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *