Tuesday, March 29, 2016

A Book for Our Times



      I am reading If My People, A Prayer Guide for Our Nation by Jack Countryman. This is a small hardcover book containing a 40 day prayer journey for our nation. Being that this is an election year in the United States I found this to be especially meaningful.

      There is a devotion for each day that includes a short prayer, two different Bible passages and a short reflection. Sandwiched in-between these devotions are various articles and speech excerpts from former leaders of our country. Abraham Lincoln, Ronald Reagan, Franklin Roosevelt, Dwight D. Eisenhower to name a few.

      The devotion pages are decorated with a blue tinted picture of our flag with two monuments overplayed on it. Throughout the book are pictures of our country’s symbols along with pictures of some of our country’s leaders. The artwork is subtle, yet meaningful and doesn’t distract from the text. I am enjoying reading the devotion for each day.

      It has got me really thinking about how much our country needs prayers right now. As I finish this book I have someone in mind that I want to pass it on to. I am hoping that person will pass it on when she finishes it also. This would make a really fine inspirational gift. post signature

I have received a copy of this book free to review. All opinions are my own.






Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *