Monday, November 14, 2016

Can You Be In Love Every Day?

     My husband and I just celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary. Sometimes it seems like just yesterday I was a nervous bride walking down the aisle and sometimes it seems like I've always been married. We have been blessed with many wonderful years together.

     I just happened to open up an old Sept. /Oct. issue of the Saturday Evening Post to an article by Liz Flaherty. It's called "You Can't Be In Love Every Day". In it she asks what it's like to be married to the same person for over 30 years. 
You know everything about your spouse, you've seen them at their worst and sometimes they're a pain in the neck. Yet the person you're married to finds the best in you and makes you smile.

    Isn't that boring? she asks. Well, maybe once in awhile. Then she compares long marriages to the sun. Sometimes it's hidden under dense clouds and sometimes it shines bright during the coldest seasons. Like the sun a marriage wraps itself around you to keep warm.

     This was a good article to remind me not to take my husband for granted. When you get right down to it, marriage isn't boring. It's incredibly hard at times, yet it's been more fun than I ever imagined! My husband puts up with my moods, my bad habits and the times when I'm the pain in the neck. He still melts my heart whenever he kisses my hand or brings me flowers. I hope we have many more wonderful years together.

     Don't take your spouse for granted! post signature
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *