Monday, November 10, 2008

The Weight of the World on Your Shoulders--Your Purse!


I recently went to a baby shower and one of the games we played was to see whose purse weighed the most. I came in second--mine was close to four pounds! I hadn't really thought about how much weight I was carrying on my shoulders until then.
The Sept. issue of Good Housekeeping magazine (goodhousekeeping.com) says that your purse should weigh less than three pounds and be toted on alternating shoulders throughout the day. This is according to the American Chiropractice Association.
Good Housekeeping suggests lightening your load. You should dump the contents of your purse and reorganize. Toss your loose coins into a pretty jar or dish at least once a week. Streamline the make-up containers you are carrying around. Keep small items and feminine products in a zipper pouch. Sort through receipts and coupons. Find more tips in the Sept. issue.
I have tried these tips and have lightened up a little. It seems like I just need to have so much stuff with me. Nailclippers, mirror, hand sanitizer and my glasses case and contact case to name a few...My family just expects me to travel with everything they need! I guess I could remove the keys from my keychain that don't seem to have a purpose.
How about you? How heavy is your purse? Does it feel like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders? I would love to carry one of those cute little purses but I think I would have "stuff" withdrawal. Maybe if I give up a few things little by little I can eventually get there. For now, I'll have to settle for something smaller than a suitcase!!
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *