Thursday, May 26, 2011

Good Bye Oprah


Good bye Oprah. We are going to miss you! Who is going to take your place? Who is going to inform us about life events, both good and bad? Who is going to showcase new talent in the arts? Who is going to be a champion for the underdog and those who help the underdog?

We envied all those in your audience that received fabulous prizes. We envied the friendship you and Gayle share. We envied Tina Turner's legs! We envied someone who had a vision and carried it out for the past 25 years. We envy the awesome power of a woman intentionally changing her life without knowing what is going to happen next.

So yes, Oprah I am going to miss you. Running on the treadmill while watching your show helped make the time go faster. Trying out the tips that Dr. Oz gave on your show helped make me healthier. Listening to poems by Mattie and Maya Angelou fed my soul. Reading your book recommendations helped broaden my literature base. Seeing your show on the Fistula problem in Africa reminded me of how lucky I am to be a woman in America and how I need to share my abundance with others.

Will you miss Oprah? Did Oprah influence you or affect your life in any way?

post signature
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *