Friday, May 6, 2011

Silence is Golden

Sunrise on my way to work. Early peace and quiet.

Working in a school situation there seems to be little time for silence. We do have a quiet period of silent reading each day but for some kids that is extremely painful! I think we are assaulted by noise all day long and for some of us perhaps even at night. It's no wonder our stress levels are high.


I have a 35 minute commute to work each day. When I am driving, I listen to the news for about 10 minutes then I turn the radio off. I use that quiet time to plan my day (or on the way home to de-stress) or say some extra prayers. On days before holidays or when our school has special events by the time I get home I really crave some peace and quiet.


Mother Theresa said so many things in nature are silent. (flowers, grass, the sun and moon). She also said that you need silence to hear God. How true!


Do you know of a mom that could use some peace and quiet? Maybe you could gift someone with that for Mother's Day. (My daughter has 3 little ones and works full-time. I'm going to take the kids overnight tonight so that she and my son-in-law can have a quiet, peaceful night together.)


Gathered From The Garden has some lovely bath teas that are perfect for de-stressing at the end of a hectic day. Just add them to your bath and soak your cares away. A silent time in the bath maybe just what you've needed!
post signature
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *