Thursday, October 1, 2015

In Memory


I lost a good friend and former colleague unexpectedly last week.  My heart is heavy and I am still in shock. Bev was in good health (as far as I know). She died from a massive heart attack at her home on a Saturday morning.

Bev and I taught second grade together for many years. In fact, she was on the interview panel that eventually hired me. Bev had a gentleness with children that was a gift. I never saw her raise her voice or become angry. She always had their best interests at heart. After several years with us Bev went on to teach fourth grade. Her kindness and love for students was evident there too.

I remember clearly how Bev tried to include everyone. There were three of us teaching second grade. Whenever I came to Bev with an idea she always made sure to include Merrie in any decision-making. She was always so concerned about others' feelings. She was so easy to work with.

Bev and her husband Don complimented each other so well. Don has hearing issues so Bev was often times his ears. They often joked with and about each other. You could always see the love Bev had for Don and again the gentleness came shining through. They are such a wonderful example of friendship and caring along with love in a marriage.

I can't imagine not seeing or talking to Bev ever again. I just hope she knows how much she meant to me. A little consolation is that we now have an angel in Heaven to watch over us.

Bev we will keep you in our prayers--keep us in yours too until we meet again.

post signature
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *