* DO wear stronger scents in cold weather. Cold reduces a scent's strength.
* DO wait ten minutes before deciding to buy a new scent.
* DO apply perfume right after you shower or bathe. Your pores will be open and soak up the scent.
* DON'T use deodorant soap where perfume is applied.
* DON'T use perfume near pearl or costume jewelry. The alcohol in perfumes can cause pearls to yellow and can strip the coating off jewelry.
* DON'T stick to one fragrance all year long. Temperatures affect the intensity of fragrance.
Taken from an article on this website: Free-Beauty-Tips.com