Even though it doesn’t seem like spring, here are our top ways to rejuvenate, renew and refresh yourself just in time for spring:
1) Tub time - drink a cup of tea while soaking in a hot bath with your favorite fragrant bath soak.
2) Take a mini vacation in your head - visualize yourself on a warm, sandy beach soaking up the sun as you hear the waves crashing.
3) Make Some Daily Personal Time - take some time each day just for yourself, even if it's just 15-20 minutes. Meditate, sit quietly or say affirmations. Just 20 minutes will energize you and help you maintain a better frame of mind.
4) Express gratitude - remind yourself of all the things you're thankful for: your family, friends, your home, and your work. Remember to say "thank you" to those who help you.
5) Perform small acts of kindness - Performing acts of kindness will help you to feel better about yourself too!
6) Remember to laugh - laughter can be great medicine. Watch a funny movie, make plans with your funniest friends, or just laugh out loud at nothing!
7) Breathe deeply - after an especially stressful situation, take a few minutes to breathe deeply. Inhale and count to five and then exhale slowly. As you exhale imagine all your tension leaving your body.
8) Permission to be you - Take a break from the image that you have of yourself and the image that you project. Just let yourself be whoever you feel like being in the moment. Give yourself permission to be you!
9) Eat a healthy lunch - instead of making do with eating fast food, eat something simple, healthy, colorful, fun, and exotic or with wild flavors and textures. Enjoy!
10) Host a gathering with girl friends - we saved the best way to renew yourself for last.