Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Resolutions for the New Year


Another year means another list of New Year's resolutions. How long is your list this year? Here are some resolutions to try. Don’t attempt them all but choose a few to get your year off to a great start.

BE REALISTIC
Too many people start the New Year with a list of goals about their weight, smoking etc. While it’s good to have goals it’s also important to remember enjoy the present and not let the future rob you of today’s joy. Set realistic goals that you can manage.

TAKE MORE WALKS
If you haven't taken a walk for awhile, get moving! I bet you'll feel more refreshed and less stressed about the world. The simple act of walking – away from your office or home - allows you to enjoy nature and exercise all at once.

WATCH LESS TV
I’m not going to suggest that you give up TV but a few less hours a week wouldn't hurt. Evidence links TV viewing to unhealthy outcomes such as obesity. So turn off the TV now and then. You’ll find lots to do with the extra time!

MAKE TIME TO PLAY
Games whether it’s a board game, crossword puzzle or even a new sport can help to keep your mind sharp. Playing games with your kids or significant other helps you to stay connected and can help you to relax.

SPOIL YOURSELF
Schedule a vacation, plan a date night, or just commit to taking an hour or so at least once a week and relaxing all by yourself. You're worth it.

The two that I am going to work on are “Watching Less TV” and “Spoiling Myself”. I know I can make better use of my time by cutting out meaningless tv. After this past busy Christmas season I could really use some pampering—so, I’m going to treat myself to a massage regularly and find time to unwind with my new itouch.

Care to share any of your resolutions?
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *