Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Groomed Arches or How to Get Beautiful Brows

When I was in Chicago my friend Gail and I wandered into Nieman Marcus. An adorable young fellow asked if we would like make-overs. We couldn't turn him down! So for an hour Gail and I were treated to facial products that were put on perfectly, felt great but were far too expensive for us. Gail learned how to put on mascara (She nevers wears any, I can't go without!). I learned a little about make-up for my eyebrows.

I have never liked my eyebrows. They want to do their own thing and so I have basically plucked a few strays and otherwise neglected them. After having David work his magic on them I decided to check into more tips on getting gorgeous brows.

*To find where your eyebrows should start, hold a pencil vertically against the side of your nose. Tweeze any hairs between your brows.

*Your brows should peak at the outer edge of your iris. Slant the pencil from the center of your mouth,past the edge of your nose, to the outside of your iris.

*To find where your brows should end, tilt the pencil 45 degrees from the tip of your nose to the outer corner of your eye.

*Comb your brows upward.

*Pluck strays in the direction of growth near the root. It takes about 30 days for hair to regrow. (I'm positive mine grows faster!)

*Color in your brows. (David did this for me--I had never done this before.) For my dark brows, I would go a shade lighter than my actual color. For lighter brows, go a shade darker.

*Fill in sparse brows with a pencil.

* Tame unruly brows with a little clear gel. (I'm going to try this for sure.)

You'll need to decide if you want to groom your eyebrows at home or get them done at the salon. If your preference is home then tweezing is the best option. Self-threading works well too but is not very easy to learn. (I had never heard of this before.) At the salon you have a wide range of options from waxing to threading. Some good salons also offer stencil shaping of eyebrows t in addition to the usual tweezing and trimming.


So there you have it. No need to neglect those brows anymore. Now, for an after picture... Ok, so these aren't really mine. But I'm hoping with a little work, that mine will look better than the first picture! :)

post signature



Pin It!

7 comments:

Annie Becker, PhD said...

What great tips! I love the "before" and "after" pictures.

Carol said...

Thanks!!

Hear Mum Roar said...

You've just reminded me that my eyebrows are terribly neglected. Am making a mental note to go to the salon next week!

Carol said...

I've read that they are one of the most neglected parts of our body.
Glad to hear yours are going to get some pampering!

Babes Mami said...

I have a problem of never noticing that I have any neglected hair until one day, overnight!, there are caterpillars where my brows were! I do use the pencil trick to figure out placement but if I'm in a hurry and don't want to be red I use one of those mini razors made by noxema. They work great!

Shelley said...

I always look like a kid that has been caught playing in her mom's eye pencil when I do my brows.

Carol said...

Hey Babes,
I haven't heard of those before--but then that shouldn't be a surprise since I usually never look for products for my brows. Thanks for the tip. I'm going to go buy one and try it out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *