Sunday, September 19, 2010

20 Minute Sunday

My mom and dad.

I like to read Chris Brogan's email newsletter that he sends out. Most of the time it is small business related so I get tips that I can use with my business: Gathered From The Garden. However, once in a while he just has some good general ideas like this one.

"Today, take 20 minutes and use it to reach out to people who matter to you. Give some folks a jingle. Catch up. Drop a line. Get out your paper and pen and write a letter. Go visit someone in person (remember visiting?). Shoot a video message to someone you haven’t seen in a while. Take snaps of the family.
Every Sunday (or whatever day’s best for you to do this), schedule yourself 20 minutes to connect."

I like this idea. We are all so busy that we forget sometimes that we need to stay in touch with those that are important to us. Really, 20 minutes is not that much time to schedule in. I actually started this last Sunday. We took the motorcycle out to visit my parents. It was a great day for a ride and a great day for a visit. As it turns out, my dad went into the hospital the next day. (He is out now.)

Today, I'm thinking of calling someone out of state that I haven't talked to for a long time. We have a lot to catch up on!

So, are you with me? Can you spare 20 minutes on a Sunday? Who would you connect with today?

post signature

Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *