Thursday, June 14, 2012

Heartfelt Photographs

I have exciting news! I am a grandma again. My son and daughter-in-law just had a baby boy. He is the sweetest little thing. Since we live in different states I haven't seen him in person--yet. Hubby and I are traveling there later this month to meet him. I just can't wait to hold little Jack.

Reveling in all this joy really made reading the article about Heartfelt Photographs so heart-wrenching.  Heartfelt is a volunteer organisation of professional photographers from all over Australia dedicated to giving the gift of photographic memories to families that have experienced stillbirths, premature and ill infants and children in the Neonatal Intensive Care Units of their local hospitals, as well as children with serious and terminal illnesses. Heartfelt is dedicated to providing this gift to families in a caring, compassionate manner. All services are provided free of charge.

I can't imagine the sorrow and heartbreak parents must feel when they are not able to bring their baby home. After doing an internet search I found that we have an organization here in the U.S. that provides the same service. It is "Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep". (Find more info here.) I actually found the photographer that provides this service here in my hometown. Hopefully you will never need this information but please pass it on if you are aware of anyone else who does.
post signature
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *