Some times you just have to do what Jerry Seinfeld did...talk about nothing. So here I am basically blogging about nothing! Anyway, read on. I think these facts are fun.
- Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than the U.S.Treasury.
- Men can read smaller print than women can.
- Women can hear better than men.
- Coca-Cola was originally green.
- It is impossible to lick your elbow.
- The average number of people airborne over the U.S. in any given hour : 61,000
- 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321 (1-9 forward and backward)
- If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle.
- If the horse has one front leg in the air the person died as a result of wounds received in battle.
- If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
- Half of all Americans live within 50 miles of their birthplace.
- Bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers were all invented by women.
- Honey is the only food that doesn't spoil.
- Father’s Day has more collect calls than any other day of the year.
- “Good Night and Sleep Tight” - In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by Ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the Bed firmer to sleep on.
- “Honeymoon” - It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a Month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law With all the mead he could drink. Mead is a honey beer and because their Calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month, which we know today as 'the honeymoon'.
- “GOLF” – Gentlemen Only, Ladies Forbidden. Many years ago in Scotland , a new game was invented. It was ruled 'Gentlemen Only...Ladies Forbidden'...and thus the word GOLF entered Into the English language.
Any silly or fun facts to add to our list? Send us a comment with yours...