Friday, May 29, 2009

Tips to Lose Weight Without Dieting


I'm finding all kinds of good information about losing weight. In the June issue of Woman's Day Magazine (womansday.com) is an article about losing weight without dieting. It is a positive approach to losing weight without feeling deprived.
Some of the ideas they listed were ones I had heard before and some were new to me. I'm going to share a few with you.
**Add more spice. It's great for your taste buds. Season your food with red pepper to feel fuller. It also gives your metabolism a kick. (This was on the Doctor's list from my last post. Must be a really good idea.)
**Downsize your plates. use a 10-inch plate instead of a 12 inch plate. It will look like you have more food.
**Slow down and enjoy your food. I saw a woman from France on tv and she said they eat very slowly and eat less. When I was in Paris last summer we saw people taking hours to eat their dinner. Here in the U.S. we are always in a hurry.
**Eat foods with more volume. Instead of a handful of candy, you can eat a big bowl of popcorn!

These are just a few of the good ideas in the article. Check out the June issue for more great tips if you are trying to shed a few pounds. These seemed very practical and easy.
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *