Friday, May 15, 2009

Those Roots Are Showing Again...!


My husband has had beautiful white hair since he was quite young. He looks great in it. My gray however, just makes me look old. So what's a gal to do? Cover up that gray!

I do my own coloring at home. It saves time and money. It can be a little messy but I'm pretty careful. I sure wish it would last longer but my hair grows really fast. (You can see where the expense comes in.) I was reading Prevention magazine and found a great article with tips for coloring your hair.


*Before you color you should wash with a clarifying shampoo. I have never done this but I'm going to start. This shampoo will get rid of any product build-up before you start.

*Stay away from reds--they wash out too fast.

*After you color wait 48 hours to shampoo.

*Use a shampoo for color-treated hair. These contain gentler detergents. Also rinse with warm,not hot water.

*Tap water contains chlorine which is a bleaching agent. Well water has minerals in it that coat the hair. The best thing to use is a showerhead water purifier. (www.myiwater.com)

*Use a conditioner with a sunscreen. I'll also add--wear a hat in the sun. The sun will fade color fast.

*Monthly, use an at-home gloss or glaze. It's like putting a topcoat of polish on your hair. Truthfully, I had never heard of these before.

For more great tips check out the May issue of Prevention magazine. (www.prevention.com)




Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *