Sunday, February 21, 2010

Detox Revisited

I was planning on doing a detox soon until I read an article that said winter is not a good time to detox. Winter is the season when our bodies naturally slow down so it's important to replenish our systems and conserve energy, eating warming foods and building immunity.

So with that in mind, I've decided not to do the whole detox thing but to try to do a smaller detox by cutting out sugar. (oh, this is gonna be hard--I love desserts) I'm looking for ideas of snacks that don't contain sugar. I found this one in Body + Soul magazine.

Tropical Fruit Parfait

In a small jar or dish,layer 1/2 cup fruit cut into 1/2 inch cubes (kiwi,mangos and pineapple for example) with 1/4 cup plain low or non-fat yogurt. Top with 1 T. toasted sliced almonds. Serves 1 (100 calories).

I'm going to try to cut out the sugar for about a month so I'm going to need more snack ideas. Can you help me out? Ideas for sugarless snacks or desserts? I'm counting on you to keep me going!

post signature

Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *