Monday, February 8, 2010

"Money-moon"


I saw a cute little blurp in Real Simple magazine (http://www.realsimple.com/). It gave the definition of "Money-moon" as "the window of time after you purchase something before buyer's remorse sets in."

Boy, did that hit home. I have a blazer that I bought when I was shopping with a friend two week-ends ago. It's still hanging in my closet with the tags on, unworn. It's a cute little blazer, it really is. But do I really need another black blazer? Does it really fit all that well? But you know, the price was SO good...and my friend said it looked good on me. (was she just saying that to be nice?)

Have you ever had buyer's remorse? I have to admit this is not my first encounter with it. I sure wish there was a fashion fairy that you could summon. She'd be honest in how it looks on you and whether or not you really need to buy it (even if the price is SO good!)

I'm going to go try it on again and take a really close look in the mirror. I'll try to visualize where I will wear it and how often I'll wear it. If I'm still feeling buyer's remorse I'm gonna take it back.

And if you're like me, your husband is clueless to what this is all about! Probably a good thing for me!

post signature

Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *