Thursday, March 17, 2011

Eat Your Peas--the Book

A really delightful book that I have just read is Eat Your Peas Faithfully (Simple Truths and Happy Insights). The author is Cheryl Karpen. Art by Sandy Fougner.

This book starts out with an introductory page that can be personalized. The other pages are set up in pairs. One page has a very short inspirational message and simple illustrations that help highlight the message. The opposite page has a little instructional life lesson—to go along with the message. (A road map of words for your journey through life.) Some pages also have a short bible quote on the bottom of the page that goes along with the explanation.

The design of the book is in keeping with the “Eat Your Peas” little packets of inspirational messages by the same author. The cover has the same format and artwork. The print is on textured paper which just adds to the specialness of the message.

I would recommend this book as a great gift for anyone who needs a little uplifting. It is well-written and a very quick read. (The cover says 3 minutes.) Personally, it took me longer because I wanted to reflect on each message before I went on to the next one. I knew right who I wanted to give it to and that I wanted a copy for myself!
post signature

Please note that Thomas Nelson Publishing has provided me a complimentary copy of this book for my review; however, the opinions are my own. I have not been required to publish a positive review.
Pin It!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I know quite a few people who would enjoy a book like this as a gift. Thanks for sharing! I am your newest follower from Boost My Blog Friday. Love your blog! Lots of helpful tips I have seen so far. You can find me at:

http://thechroniclesofarookiemom.blogspot.com/

Have a great day! :-)

Melissa

Leontien said...

I'll put it on my to read book list!

Thanks
Leontien

Carol said...

Leontien,
I think you will really enjoy it!

Carol said...

Jeannette,
Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *