Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Agony of de Feet


I am training for a Ragnar Race that I'll be running in a couple of weeks. This is quite a stretch for me. I usually run a couple of miles a day but for this race, I'll be running longer distances. Thus the training.

Our feet contain 52 bones, that's1/4 of our bodies total. Our feet also contain joints, muscles, ligaments and nerves all of which can be a source of pain. I've been trying to really take care of my feet so that I can be successful in the Ragnar.

To help keep your feet feeling their best here are a few suggestions for you to try.

*Flex and stretch your feet regularly throughout your day.
*If your tootsies are sore or achy, soak them in cool or warm water with Epsom Salts. Ice them for 10 minutes if they are hot or inflamed.
*Wear properly fitting shoes appropriate for the activity you're participating in.
*Rotate your shoes. Don't wear the same ones daily.
*Exercise on different surfaces (grass, track)instead of concrete or other hard surfaces.
*Use a small ball to massage the bottoms of your feet.
*Get a chiropractic adjustment. A chiropractic assessment can help determine the cause of foot pain and regular adjustments can give relief.Aching feet can affect your whole body especially the spine.(I have been going in regularly to get adjusted.)

So far my tootsies are just a little tired. I'll continue to train and use the suggestions above to stay away from "the agony of de feet".(I'll keep you posted on how the race goes.)
post signature
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *