Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Our Children Grow Up

This summer I have on several occasions had the opportunity to chat about my grown children. I have also had the opportunity to hear about the grown children of friends, acquaintances and relatives. It has been very interesting to see where our kids have ended up! I'd say that all the parents I talked to were very proud of their children's careers and accomplishments. At one point we marveled at the impressive list of places our children had traveled, people they had met and the incredible adventures they were having. So many opportunities for them to explore!

Our children grow up but it's not the end. When my kids first left and we were empty-nesters I felt two emotions. One was a sense of relief--they were on their own. I had given them all the advice they could probably stand and now it was time for them to use it. The other emotion was sadness because I knew our family would never be the same. Their childhoods were passed...

However, it wasn't the end really. It turned out to be the beginning of a new friendship with each one of them as we got to know each other as adults. I couldn't have had this when they were younger and I was their guardian and teacher. It has been so fun to see each one blossom and grow into adulthood. Now we can share adult views on world issues, religion,wine and movies to name a few. We can ask them for advice now as our grown children often know more than my husband and I do! What a joy it has been to see them reach adulthood!

Now that my children are grown they use different Gathered From The Garden products. My daughter's favorite product is our Satin and Silk Shea Butter Lotion. Our other daughter likes to use our Raspberry Lemonade Goat Milk and Honey Lotion. Our son uses our Tired Tootsies Foot Powder. 

What do you think is the best and/or worst part about being empty-nesters? 
post signature
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *