Friday, March 2, 2012
Help For Damaged Hair
Homemade Hair Treatments For Damaged Hair
1. Avocado Deep Conditioner Hair Mask- Using 1 small jar of mayonnaise and 1/2 avocado. Mix all ingredients, smooth into head being careful to work it to the ends, Use shower cap or plastic wrap to seal body heat in and leave on for 20 minutes.
2. Mayonnaise Your Hair - Apply 1/2 cup of mayonnaise to your dry hair, work in really well, cover your head with a plastic wrap, and let it set for about 15 minutes.
3. Olive Oil Hair Mask - Combine 2 tablespoon honey and 3 tablespoon olive oil together. Apply thoroughly and then cover with plastic wrap and set for 15 minutes.
4. Honey Mask Combine 1 tsp. of honey with an egg yolk and 2 tbps. of olive oil. Spread the mixture evenly through damp hair, wrap with a warm damp towel and let sit for 30 minutes. Wash the mask away with a gentle shampoo, followed by your regular conditioner.
These treatments are great on any type of hair and safe enough for those with sensitive scalps as well.
1.Baking Soda Hair Mud Mix 1 heaping Tbsp. of Baking Soda and 3-5 drops of essential oils of your choice (lavender, patchouli, rosemary, sweet orange are some of mine:not necessarily all together) with enough water to make a paste. Mix this in the shower. It might take a little getting used to, with there being no suds.
2.Natural Shampoo– Use these three ingredients and use as a natural DIY shampoo, ¼ cup distilled water, ¼ cup liquid castile soap ( I use unscented ), and ½ teaspoon jojoba, grapeseed or other light vegetable oil.
3. Chamomile Fields Shampoo - You'll need: 4 bags of Chamomile tea (or 1 handful of fresh Chamomile flowers) 4 tablespoons pure soap flakes 1 1/2 tablespoons glycerin. Let the tea bags steep in 1 1/2 cups of boiled water for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags and with the remaining liquid add soap flakes. Let stand until the soap softens. Stir in glycerin until mixture is well blended. Pour into a bottle. Keep in a dark, cool place.
I've got spring fever (or is it cabin fever?) and it's only the beginning of March. Anyone else ready for spring?