Monday, March 4, 2013

Make Your Own Chalkboard

I've been wanting to find a small chalkboard to use in my photography. I didn't really find one that would work for me so I decided to make my own. It's very easy, relatively inexpensive and not too messy.

 Here's what you'll need:

A can of Krylon Chalkboard Spray Paint.
 
 
An old picture with glass. (I found mine cheap at Goodwill. The frame and glass were perfect, the gray mat was faded.)



Take apart the picture so you have access to the glass. I put my sheet of glass into the lid of a paper box to spray. It worked very well to control the excess spray. I followed the directions on the can.



I did give my glass an extra coat of black just to be sure. Then it had to dry for 24 hours. (waiting is always the hard part!)


When it is dry, you need to "cure" it by rubbing over the chalkboard with chalk.





You wipe it off with a wet cloth and presto, change-o you've got yourself a custom made chalkboard!


I can't wait to use my chalkboard to take some fun pics!!!



post signature
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *