Monday, April 8, 2013

Wise Tips for Living


I read about a woman who lived to be 91 and her husband to be 100. Her name was Helen Nearing. She was a great pioneer of simple living. Helen had eleven wonderfully wise tips for living not only a less stressful life, but for living in a more connected and organic way.

Here are some of her tips:
1. Do the best you can, whatever arises.
2. Be at peace with yourself.
3. Find a job you enjoy.
4. Live in simple conditions; housing, food, clothing; get rid of clutter.
5. Contact nature every day; feel the earth under your feet.
6. Take physical exercise through hard work; through gardening or walking.
7. Don’t worry; live one day at a time.
8. Share something every day with someone else; if you live alone, write someone; give something away; help someone else somehow.
9. Take time to wonder at life and the world; see some humor in life where you can.
10. Observe the one life in all things.
11. Be kind to the creatures.

What a truly wise blueprint for living! I know that I need to get rid of clutter--in my home and even in my mind sometimes! I think if you nurture plants and animals you can't help but nurture humans too. The one that hit me the most was to share something with someone else every day. I thought that would be really easy but when I started to work on it--sometimes I had to really think about what I wanted to give and to whom. I should have just started with something easy like a smile but I wanted it to be a little more meaningful for me and the person I was sharing with. I am going to try to add more of these tips to my life.

Something you could share with someone else is any one of our Gathered From The Garden products. They are bound to put a smile on your special someone's face. Check out our website.

Which of these tips is your favorite?
post signature
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *