Monday, December 28, 2015

Waiting Here for You..Book Review

I spent the days of Advent reading a devotional called Waiting Here For You An Advent Journey of Hope by Louie Giglio. It is a soft-covered purse size book. For each day in Advent there is a Bible reading, a meditation, words of encouragement, sometimes a poem and prayers. 

 Each day’s devotion is very short. A great way to start the day. I found the reflections to be insightful, not preachy and very appropriate for the day’s Scripture passage. The short prayers each day were wonderful ideas to reflect on during the day. The only thing I wasn’t crazy about were the poems. Some were song lyrics and others were old poems that were often kind of hard to read and get something out of. 

 I would recommend this book to anyone wanting to have a meaningful way to start the day during Advent. The photos are lovely and the layout attractive. Perfect for a night stand, a coffee table, a friend, anyone that you would like to gift. I'm keeping mine in a special place so I can read it again next December.

(I have received a copy of this book to review from the Thomas Nelson book company. This opinion is my own.)
post signature
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *