Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Eat,Pray,Love


I am a third of the way through Elizabeth Gilbert's book Eat, Love, Pray. I enjoyed the first part about her trip to Italy. I am SO hoping to travel there next summer. So far the hubs has agreed to it so soon I'll start the serious planning! (My son and daughter-in-law went there on their honeymoon--totally enjoyed it!)

The second third of the book is about Gilbert's experiences in India. She travels to an Ashram and one of the things she does there is work on her meditating. I tried that once many years ago (cuz Ophrah did a show on it)but it just didn't seem for me. But after reading about how the author learns to meditate the right way I might give it another go.

As fate would have it, I received in the mail a magazine called LiveSpa (http://www.livespamagazine.com/) and it contained an article about meditations. It listed a meditation for each month and some inspirational notes about each one. They are very simple yet meant to be "a guide on your journey to a healthy...lifestyle". July's is Be Willing to Forgive. They say not only to forgive others but forgive yourself. Some of the others are "Be an Example of Inner Peace, Make Joy Your Constant Companion and Turn Every Experience Into an Opportunity." Maybe having a theme will help me.

I'm not as anxious to read the third part about Indonesia but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. I don't know much about that part of the world and probably have some preconceived notions that are wrong. I am anxious to get to the end to see how the author's year of travels ends--happily?

Julia Roberts is starring in the movie version which is due out in August. You can be sure I'll go see it. If the movie is anything like the book, it'll be a hit. (Besides, Julia Roberts is one of my favorite actresses along with Meryl Streep.)

Have you read the book? What was your favorite third?

post signature




Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *