Saturday, August 31, 2013

More Blessings For Our Family

Reading to your baby is so important--even in the womb.

Our family continues to be blessed! We are expecting another grandchild in Dec. We are so lucky to have three close by that we see very often. (They are the ones that get to do crafts with Grandma and fishing with Papa.) We also have a very adorable little grandson that lives in Virginia but we don't get to see him as often as we would like. (Thank goodness for Facetime!)

Along with all of this happiness we also have just a touch of sadness. Two of my children have their own children but one doesn't. My daughter would make the most wonderful mother and I know her husband would be the best dad. We continue to pray that God will bless them with a baby too.

I can't think of a better job in the whole world than to be a grandparent. I heard it said it's the gift we get for growing old. ☺

I didn't get the chance to know my grandfathers but I have very fond memories of my grandmothers. One of my grandmothers lived with us until she died when I was 8 years old. My other grandmother made the best cookies and I still have her hand-written recipe card. I'm hoping someday my grandchildren will have great memories of our time together. (and lots of photos to remind them!)

Do you have fond memories of your grandparents?


post signature
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *