Thursday, October 24, 2013

16 Things I Know To Be True


I think about a lot of things when I'm running. (In fact that's what caused me to trip and fall today! Should have been paying more attention to the uneven sidewalk). Here are a few of the things that I came up with on my last run.

1. Being kind to strangers is always a good thing.

2. If your significant other wants to go fishing--let him! You'll both be happier in the long run. (I enjoy having that "me" time.)

3.Smoking is so bad for your skin--it really ages you fast.

4.Boots and shoes are always a good purchase.

5. Using coupons to buy things you wouldn't normally buy isn't a good thing but getting 30% off on a fabulous pair of shoes may be worth it...)

6.  If you ignore your health it will go away.

7.  Holding on to grudges just makes you bitter and gives the other person power.

8.  Happiness is a choice. On your darkest day you can still make your burdens lighter if just for a moment.

9.  Sometimes being still for 20 minutes is just as therapeutic as going for a run.

10.  Finding something to be grateful for is a wonderful way to start the day.

11.  Hugs are always welcome.

12,  Presents aren't important, people are. (We figured this out last Christmas.)

13.  Money doesn't buy happiness they say but it sure puts a smile on my face to buy a new purse!

14. Children love seeing photographs of themselves printed and displayed around the house.

15.  Spending time with your grandchildren is absolutely priceless!

16.  If you've got one really good friend then you are a very rich person.

I continue to be blessed with a great family and wonderful friends. I'm grateful everyday for my health and being able to run and get caught up in my thoughts.

Here's to a wonderful Fall and a season of thanks and blessings!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Lisa V said...

Yep...these are some great thoughts. It feels like you were in my head at times. I so agree that we need to take time a enjoy this life. Time goes so fats and sometimes we have to sir back and smell the roses.

Thanks for writing this post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *