Tuesday, January 14, 2014

DIY Blow Out

There are days when I am so happy to have short hair. Getting back from a sweaty run I can jump in the shower, wash my hair in about 2 minutes and let it air dry. It's very easy to color (I do my own). 

But some days as I'm reading my favorite magazines I see these gorgeous women with long hair. Yes, I'm envious for a little while. Then I remember how long my thick hair takes to dry and what a pain coloring long hair is. Guess I'll stick with my short do. 

However, I thought I would pass along some tips for a DIY Blow Out. I'm all for saving money if I can (hence the home coloring)and this routine seems pretty easy. 

 1. After shampooing and conditioning your hair, blot your hair with a towel. Rubbing your hair dry can result in broken hairs and can cause frizz. With a paddle brush or wide tooth comb, comb in any product that you are going to use. 

 2. Pre-dry your hair using medium or high heat to get about 60% of the moisture out. Use your fingers to tousle small sections and be sure to move the heat around so you don't burn your hair or scalp. To prevent frizz, point the nozzle toward the floor to seal cuticles and create shine in your hair.

 3. Then section your hair using some big clips. Separate your sections no wider than your brush. Using a round brush pull your hair tight from roots to the ends.Pointing the nozzle downward, move the brush and follow it with the dryer. You should be moving the dryer down the length of your hair. Repeat all over your head. If your hair is thick like mine, this might take some patience! 

 4. Last you might want to apply a finishing product. There you have it. If you try this, let me know. I think I'll just have to live long hair vicariously through you.
 post signature
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *